Liebster award 2017 Nomination.
Liebster award 2017 Nomination.
Well guys, I’m thrilled to announce that forever roaming the world has been nominated for and accepted the Liebster award 2017. It’s approaching 6 months since I launched the site and this is my second award along with the blogger recognition award.
Before we go any further, I would like to thank Petra Marais from World mission 196 for the nomination. You should go and check out her blog; She’s a solo female traveler on a mission to travel every country in the world. Her blog has some great insights and tips for solo female travelers.
What is the Liebster award 2017?
Like other blogger awards, The Liebster award 2017 is another one that exists on the internet and passed on from blogger to blogger. This one is aimed towards new bloggers looking to make their mark with the blogging world.
The Liebster award started back in 2011, back then the rules were quite simple – acknowledge the nominator and nominate 5 bloggers you like. For all those who are wondering; Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. – I’m hoping I got nominated because my blog is being valued.
Over the years it’s evolved and is overseen by The Global Aussie, who updates the rules year by year, (you can check out the rules through the link.) The main rules are the following:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided by your nominator.
- Choose 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the Liebster award 2017.
- Provide your own questions to your nominations.
- Inform the bloggers that you’ve nominated them and make them aware of the rules.
- Let The Global Aussie that you have accepted the award.
My favorite blog and why.
Before I started to blog, my two favorite blogs were Nomadic Matt and the broke backpacker. Those were two blogs and travel resources that were my go-to sites for planning trips.
However, since I’ve started to blog myself there have been so many more travel blogs that I’ve been exposed to and had the pleasure of reading. I don’t have an actual favorite that I can pick out, however these two blogs I really enjoy reading.
Digital travel guru.
I Love reading Eliza’s posts, her unique posts, the countries she’s traveled to but then I really enjoy reading the interviews she does with other travelers. Her interview series showcase not just other bloggers but travelers, nomads, and expats who travel on all different budgets and time frames.
If you’ve not read her posts before you should definitely check them out. Digital travel guru.
Another blog I really enjoy reading is Hopping feet, Medha started her blogging journey around the same time as I did, we connected pretty early in our blogging life and both have enjoyed similar growths with our blogs. Although our traveling styles are very different, she has traveled to the places that I want to experience. And with that, I love reading her stories and enjoy her writing style. Her posts are very easy on the eye and makes you feel like you are there experiencing her stories for real.
Don’t forget to check out Hopping feet.
There are many more blogs that I’ve had the pleasure of reading but I’d be here all day listing them all.
10 Random facts about me.
As per the rules for the Liebster award 2017 nomination, I have to state 10 random things about me – So here goes.
- I’m from a town called Loughborough which is predominantly only known in England because of its University. (Loughborough is a town in the East Midlands, England.)
- I started backpacking, living, working roaming the world in 2010.
- I’m a budget long-term traveler and I prefer to travel solo.
- Once I visit Morocco at the end of the year, Antarctica will be the only continent I haven’t been to.
- I need coffee to function, I’m two different people pre and post coffee.
- Since I was a child I’ve struggled with normality, like I mean I really struggle with what society deems as ‘normal’.
- To date, I have done 2 skydives, the highest being 19000ft.
- I didn’t know anything about writing, blogging or websites before I started, everything has been self-taught and I have done everything with forever roaming the world myself.
- Not a single soul that knows me would ever have thought I would start writing in any kind of capacity.
- I’m a huge sports fan, football (soccer) is my passion.
Questions asked by world mission 196.
1. What advice do you have for someone starting a travel blog?
A. The biggest advice I could give is to do your research into blogging before you start. Really look into what is involved and get a grasp of just how much work behind the scenes is needed to maintain the blog. Also, I would advise having patience, don’t expect to write a post and it to go viral straight away, remember there are millions of blogs out there, whatever you’re writing about has been written a thousand times before but have your own voice and be honest in your writing, readers appreciate honesty.
2. Is there anyone in the world you hope to run into at an airport?
A. There are a lot of people I’d love to run into at the airport, lots of idols however for traveling purposes it would have to be the legend that is Sir David Attenborough or Anthony Bourdain.
3. What do you think of selfie sticks?
A. Quite simply, I don’t like them. To put it in the nicest way possible they can go where the sun doesn’t shine.
4. What is your preferred method of travel? (Car/Train/Bus/Plane/Ship/Other)
A. Camper-van – I love road tripping, and traveling by camper-van is the best for me. I get to travel where and how I want at my own pace and stop wherever I want.
5. What is your most prized possession while traveling?
A. It would have to be my music, I can’t travel anywhere without it. I love having my own soundtrack while I’m roaming the world.
6. Where did you take your first trip as an adult?
A. My first trip was a lads holiday to Spain, however, my first real traveling trip was in 2010 to Australia. That is where my backpacking life all started.
7. Do you blog while you travel or wait till you get home?
A. I’ll be honest, I actually started my blog after I returned home for the first time since 2010, so at this point, I’ve only been blogging from home. However in the future, I will be blogging from the road, my year out from traveling is coming to an end, and I plan to start long-term traveling again.
8. What is your favorite post you wrote and why?
A. For me, it has to be my Long-term budget Traveling Realism’s series. Why? One of the reasons I started my blog was because I felt traveling gets over glamorized sometimes and long-term budget traveling isn’t always glamorous. I’ve met travelers over the years who have been shown one side of traveling but are left unprepared when faced with the other side of the traveling coin. So I put together a traveling realism’s series which focuses on more the day-to-day life and things that you don’t really get told about beforehand.
9. Do you have a guilty pleasure while traveling?
A. One of my guilty pleasures is that I have a very sweet tooth, so I have to try local sweets and pastries in every country I visit.
10. What do you think is the ingredient to success as a travel blogger?
A. I don’t think there is one key ingredient, it’s more a mixture of things. For me the biggest things are to have a passion for what you write about, write about what you know. Also be dedicated, put in the work, the hours, learn and don’t settle produce anything you wouldn’t enjoy reading. Have perseverance, don’t expect to pull up any trees straight away, instant success is not common so just keep plugging away and be honest in your writing. I think my readers appreciate my posts because I am brutally honest with them.
11. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
A. Although I’ve used social media in the past and uploaded things over the years, I’ve only seriously become more active on social media since I’ve started blogging. Even though I get most my engagement from Facebook, I have to say Instagram is my favorite, just because of all the amazing pictures that are out there. It’s amazing how a picture can inspire you.
Blogs I nominate.
The following are blogs I think deserve to be nominated:
- Her travel therapy.
- Jusz travel.
- Following the Rivera.
- With a backpack.
- Travel unicorn.
- Find worlds Beauty.
- Travel plans for miss fancy pants.
- Wallis in wanderland.
Questions for my nominations.
- What made you start travel blogging?
- What has been your best and worst travel experience?
- How do you like to travel? I.E Solo, in groups, with partner, family, budget or luxury?
- You’ve just arrived in a new country, you’ve dropped your bags off…What’s the first thing you do?
- What irritates you when traveling?
- If I was to say you can go anywhere in the world right now what’s the first country that pops into your head?
- What was the biggest shock about travel blogging to you?
- What’s been the most frustrating thing about blogging for you?
- What do you consider as your biggest achievement with your blog?
- If you were stuck on a desert Island what three things would you have and why?
- What should readers expect in the future from your blog?
Liebster award 2017 nomination.
I have to say, when I started blogging I had no idea what to expect, I don’t have any background in writing or journalism nor did I know anything about the technical side of websites. Every step has been a huge learning curve for me but one I thoroughly enjoy. I’ve only been doing this for nearly 6 months so I still consider myself a newbie and I’m still learning day by day. However in saying that I’m so excited to see where his journey takes me and hopefully someday forever roaming the world will be a go-to long-term solo and budget go to travel brand.
That being said, have you read any of my posts before? Not sure where to start? Well, Why don’t you step through the rabbit hole by pressing the picture below and let your journey with forever roaming the world start? Before you do, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
43 6 3 2