Welcome to Forever Roaming the World’s sneak peak post, containing extracts from my debut book: You, Yourself & the World
The book contains over 100 fears, concerns, thoughts & questions about long term solo travel which are comprehensively answered for you.
It’s purpose is to provide you a better understanding of long term solo travel (6 months +, 1,2 years or with no return date in mind.) to combat those fears. It also provides an indepth look at what long term solo travel is really like (there’s no sugar-coating) & how it can change you. By the end of the book you will get a good idea if long term solo travel is for you.
No stone is left unturned. From those questions we all have when solo travel is just a thought, or a fantasy in our heads, the concerns we have, to when it becomes a reality. It’s all covered.
This post provides 3 questions and answers from the How long term solo travel changes you & your mentality section of the book:
Before you get started if you’ve missed the previous extracts and would like to read them first you can do here: You, Yourself & the World book extracts.
The longer you stay away, the more long term solo travel changes you. In this latest sneak peak in my debut book: You, Yourself & the World we cover two questions about long term solo travel mentality shifts and how you can potentially find yourself (if you haven’t already.)
long term solo travel mentality
Q: Many say long term solo travel you, how can it?
SHORT: Long term solo travel changes you because of all the new exposures you come into contact with and experience. The new cultures, environments, new ways of thinking, and ideologies. Being a long term traveler, submerged in it changes your perspective and opens your mind in more ways than you can imagine.
LONG: From the day you are born the way you think, the things you are taught, everything in life is from the perspective of the society you are from. Your home life, your parents, the enviroment around you, school, media It’s all shaped from your society.
That is your reality, your perception of life is shaped and condition in a certain way. You grow up believing in certain things to be right or wrong from what is around you.
Leaving the bubble
You may already possess an open mind, think differently to what society around deems ‘normal, you may be cultured already but It’s still within that societies bubble.
However when you leave home you are leaving that bubble and you enter into a new one. You mind, the way It’s programmed, your beliefs and views are not going to change instantly. You carry them with you, that’s why there can be culture shock. It’s exposure to what your mind perceives as abnormal. It’s normal for the local culture but you’ve never been exposed to it.
The longer you travel, the more your minds accepts the new exposures, the more you adapt and take it all in an slowly solo travel changes your mentality.
Long term solo travel changes can come from:
- Your brain taking in new information
- Exposed to new smells, touches, tastes, sights – senses are exposed
- Exposed to new environments and scenery
- You’re exposed to new people, those you wouldn’t normally associate with
- Learn off new people
- Exposed to different ways of thinking
- Different cultures, religions, beliefs, faiths
- Different perspectives on the same thing
- Exposed to a new way of life
- Are able to be free minded and free spirited
- You start learning things in a different way to what you were previously taught
- Things you were told were not normal can in fact turn out to be normal
- You break barriers built in your brain since you were young
- You learn to know yourself, what your character is truly made of
- You understand yourself better
Solo travel changes your mentality
If you are traveling for a certain amount of time, the new exposures are temporary, you return back home to your old society and ways of thinking but also with the knowledge of the new views. However when you are traveling long term, you are submerged in the new ways until they eventually become normal.
Over time, and the longer you are away from home, that old bubble and reality gets further away, the new one becomes thicker. Slowly but surely it continues until the old one is gone from thought. You stop thinking the way you used to, you have different views, new angles, and perspectives you see life from.
Solo travel changes so many people. Over time you start seeing life differently. This can alter the way you see things, spiritually, financially, politically, religiously, or even life itself. A lot of solo travelers leave home as one kind of person and turn into a completely different one over time because mentally they are free.
Q: How do I find long term solo traveling?
SHORT: You find yourself by spending time to getting to know yourself, really learning about your personality and looking deep within to find out what you are capable of and made of.
LONG: Not all those who wander are lost! – have you heard that quote before? – While It’s a great quote and rings true for so many, there are those however who are lost. They are lost within themselves and those who want to find themselves. Long term solo travel changes you and gives you the platform to do just that.
To find yourself you have to go on internal journeys, it might not be pretty, it might scare you to even think of venturing into your own soul and conscious, but it’s required. To really understand yourself, the journey may become very dark, you may fall into the abyss. However once you conquer your own demons you will have a far better chance of finding yourself. Long term solo travel changes the way you see and think about life and yourself from the journey you undertake.
The space, time & environment
Just as with many other issues, long term solo travel provides the time, space, environment, and setting allowing up to dive in deep.
By looking inwards you can:
- Really get to know and understand your own mentality and where it came from
- Learn about your physical self
- Learn where you got your traits from and unravel them if you have to
- Understand how your own body really works
- Understand how far you can push yourself
- Learn about your own character and really see what you are made of
- Confront, tackle and deal with underlying issues – go to war with inner demons
- Confront and conquer issues that have plagued you and stopped you in the past
- Sometimes you have to go into a dark place internally to come out of it in the light
- Understand your mind
- Accept yourself, forgive yourself if you need to, become friends with yourself
- When your body, mind and conscious get on the same page it can be a beautiful thing
- Be open minded and willing to accept things. Stop closing your mind up
- Self-reflection, do not be afraid to critique yourself, even beat yourself up a little but don’t be fearful of yourself
- Push yourself to the limits, really see where the boundaries lie not where your comfort zone wants
- Defeat the fear, try, and understand why the fear is so strong, where your anxieties and insecurities come from
- Learn to become strong minded enough to accept certain truths about yourself
- Lower your own defences, open your mind, be willing to accept new concepts, and accept change
By stripping away the layers you will eventually get to the root of yourself. It may not happen over time, by spending the time to getting to know yourself, by defeating and changing certain things about yourself you can out the other end feeling like a new person.
Yourself finds you
Sometimes It’s not a case of looking for yourself, sometimes yourself finds you. It could be you just needed to remove yourself from the environment you lived in back home for yourself to find you. If you come from a negative environment and step into a positive one, that is al it takes. Other times as mentioned above it can take a lot of soul searching, many internal battles, and wars with inner demons.
It may not be pretty but once you and yourself get on the same level, the same page and come together as one, body, mind and spirit you will have truly found yourself. You will better understand yourself and more importantly really know what you are capable of.
The joy, enrichment and fulfilment of long term solo travel sometimes is not what you experience externally but the journey and destination you arrive at internally; it can take your breath away and just beautiful.
My personal experience
Over the years there have been many internal journeys, and to this day as well as I now know myself long term solo travel changes my views all the time. I’m still going on these internal journeys to find out more. Some of my previous ones have been brutal, beat me down into near submission but in the long run have been worth it. They have forced me to face fears, reach into the darkest corners of my mind and conscious, let skeletons and ghosts out. It hasn’t been a pretty site nor easy
Many times, I didn’t want to get up and fight but with time I’ve managed to muster the strength to do so. Without doing so, I would never have got to place I am in my journey. In doing so, I’ve been able to find certain traits, where they came from, the roots of my strength of being a survivor comes from.
DID THIS HOW LONG TERM SOLO TRAVEL CHANGES YOU POST HELPFUL?
Were your questions answered in this post or do you need more information?
You can find much more when you sign up to the book, chich you can do in the form below.
SECTIONS COVERED IN THE BOOK:
1. THINKING ABOUT LONG TERM SOLO TRAVEL
2. SOLO TRAVEL CONCERNS
3. LONG TERM SOLO TRAVEL (PERSONAL) SAFETY CONCERNS
4. LONELINESS/MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH
5. MENTALITY SHIFTS/ SPIRITUALITY
6. MEETING PEOPLE/MAKING FRIENDS
7. BUDGETING & FINANCES FOR LONG TERM SOLO TRAVEL
15. MY PERSONAL LONG TERM SOLO TRAVEL ADVICE/TIPS
FIND OUT IF YOUR FEARS, CONCERNS, AND QUESTIONS COVERED IN THE BOOK ON THE FULL QUESTIONS AND SECTION LISTING PAGE
Sign up for the book
Want to read the rest of the questions in this section or in fact the rest of the book?
Simply pop your Email and name into the form below and keep up to date of Launch date, pre launch exclusives, book cover reveal, advanced reading, and be in with a chance to receive a free copy of the Ebook
sign up today
Be the first to:
- Get notified of exact launch date
- Receive EXCLUSIVES leading up to launch
- Get a sneak peak on actual cover before the reveal
- Be in with a chance to receive a FREE copy
- Advanced reading Material
- Get the book of your future
DONT FORGET TO SHARE THE POST AND PIN FOR LATER
38 18 32